Thursday, August 5, 2010

Who says?

Maybe there are aliens.
Maybe there are pink and purple trees.
Maybe our solar system is hanging as a mobile over an infinite baby's crib.
Maybe my eyes are green, or maybe they're brown and blue.
What if I asked a question nobody had the answer to?
Maybe I have a garden.
Maybe you don't.
Maybe people can see right through me, or maybe they can't.
What would you do if they could?
What if  sickness caused me to have no hair on my head but instead a soul in my heart?
What if instead I have hair on my head but my heart had no soul?
Maybe you like to drive down the road and sing real loud.
Maybe you like to dance until you have nothing left in you.
What if somebody loved the way they danced?
Who says that we need to make sense of the world?
Maybe you have to make sense of the world, but what if I don't?
What if cat's stood up and made speeches?
What if honey bees started to make ketchup?
How many times do you have to drive around a block to look for a house number?
How many times will your heart beat in your lifetime?
Maybe there is no time in life unless your heart is beating.
Maybe you can tell me what I want to hear, or maybe you can't.

Either way, everyone is different and everyone is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment